Languages: EN, DE
Components: EgoSecure Console, EgoSecure Agents
Operating system: Windows
EgoSecure Data Protection SaaS Setup
To set up EgoSecure Data Protection SaaS, you need the following data:
- EgoSecureConsole.exe or EgoSecureConsoleWin32.exe
- Authentication certificate for the Console including password
- Password for the Client authentication certificate
- Access data for the EgoSecure Server, EgoSecure login
Certificates, passwords and login data are included into the Welcome Package.
Download the EgoSecure Console on the Matrix42 Marketplace (login required).
- Import the Console certificate for the current Windows user. Instruction
- Start the file EgoSecureConsole.exe or EgoSecureConsoleWin32.exe.
⇒ The Console login dialog appears.
- Enter the Server connection data in the Server and Port fields.
- Click on the lock in the Server field.
⇒ The dialog where you need to select the certificate appears.
- Click OK to confirm.
⇒ The lock in the Server field becomes green.
- Enable the Use EgoSecure authentication check box.
- Enter the login data you received.
- Click OK.
⇒ The Console is now ready to use. The Welcome dialog with first steps opens.
⇒ If you use the Azure AD directory service, you can now set it up in the Console. For details, see: HowTo: Setting up Azure AD in EgoSecure Data Protection SaaS
Installing EgoSecure Agent client component
- In the Console, navigate to Installation | EgoSecure agents | Create MSI package.
- In the Path to the MSI package area, enable the Other destination radio button and click to select location for the MSI package on the computer.
- In the Settings of MSI package area, enable the Add authentication certificate option and enter the password for the Client certificate.
- Specify other settings, if necessary.
- Click Generate.
- Install the MSI package:
- locally on the Client: the authentication certificate is imported automatically. Enter the password during the installation.
- via software distribution or group policy: the authentication certificate is imported automatically. Transfer the certificate password via the following script parameter:
⇒ EgoSecure Agent is now installed and connected to the EgoSecure Server. The Client computer and the user logged on to Agent appears in Console under User management/Computer management. You can now activate products and manage rights.
In the EgoSecure Console - Quick Start Guide you can find information about the following steps:
- Activating products for users and computers
- Adjusting client settings
- Configuring default rights
Other documents and manuals you can find here: Documents and manuals