About This Document
This document describes functional changes, modified behaviors and changed platform support that have been added since the last update. Information on bug fixes and known issues can be found in the release notes.
Further details and information about the new features of the UEM Agent can be found here:
- A new service "Matrix42 Depot Helper Service" for creating a file list of the Configurator\User directory allows more efficient synchronization of computers to reduce the load on vault servers.
- To optimize the download, a file list is created for each package (especially for http(s). This is done automatically just before the package hashes are created.
- The existing MIB files were updated and extended.
- All SNMP nodes are now no longer read-only and can be edited at any time.
The search dialog for patches has been extended by the search criteria IS NULL and IS NOT NULL.
This makes it easier to find patches that do not have a successor and are therefore completely up-to-date.
If you use only WinPE and no longer EPE to install your operating systems, you can delete all imported WADK and WAIK (Configuration > OS Installer > Import) permanently.
Old or unneeded PreOS packages should be deleted from the EMC and locally from the hard disk.
Please check here in the EMC in the tab Configuration - Software Management - Depot - Matrix42 PreOS Packages and delete all unneeded PreOS packages.
Locally you can delete the same PreOS packages from the hard disk in the directory "%EmpirumServer%\Configurator$\PackageStore\PreOSPackages".
Starting with WinPE version 1.8.7 the following extensions will be available:
In conjunction with Update 3, WinPE now differentiates between a domain or workgroup when displaying a computer object. The new PreOS packages DomainJoin 1.8 and WindowsInstallation 5.6 make this difference possible. Depending on what is set in the properties of the computer object, a domain join is performed or a stored workgroup is created.
The latest PreOS package DiskPartitioning 3.18 contains 2 new variables to configure another hard disk and not delete an existing data partition. With the variables "PreserveDataPartition" and "ConfigurationFileForAdditionalDisk" you have the possibility to implement this configuration. For more details please have a look at our WinPE HowTo.
In connection with the Update 3 and the PreOS package EndofLife 1.3 you have the possibility to configure the two variables "DelFromEmpirum" and "DelFromADSNDS (Experimental)" to remove from Empirum and from the Active Directory for computer objects. Additionally, you have the possibility to see all information in the Empirum End-of-Life Log and to use the Empirum Report "End-of-Life".
A new PreOS package LanguageInstallation 3.0 for the installation of CAB and APPX files is now available. This PreOS package includes the two PreOS packages LocalExperiancePacksInstallation and LanguagePacksInstallation and are therefore obsolete. You can either distribute the Language Packs (CAB file) and/or Local Experience Packs (APPX file) with the new PreOS package LanguageInstallation 3.0.
Please check after the import the correct order in the depot of the package. It must be placed before the DomainJoin package!
Installation of CAB or APPX files is only supported in relation to original Microsoft ISO operating systems!
With the PreOS package EmpirumAgentSetup 2.5 all new versions of the UEM agent (e.g.: 2006.10.3) are supported.
During the OS installation, WinPE now configures its own power management settings so that a computer no longer goes into standby mode when using a slow data connection. These adjustments are reset to the default after a successful completion.
There are the following 2 changes in Self Provisioning:
up to 15 characters can be used when entering the computer name manually
when using the name pattern, the computer name will be automatically extended with "001...-999"
Further details and information about WinPE can be found here: https://marketplace.matrix42.com/details/winpe/
The PrePackageAppWizard (PPA) can be started separately with the Empirum Version 20.0 Update 3 and the installation of EMC, in order to store operating system sources and language packages importably locally. You can find the PPA in the Start menu under "Empirum\Empirum Prepackage Wizard for OS Import".
The "Empirum Prepackage Wizard for OS Import" must be started as administrator!
Afterwards, the Empirum-compliant format can be imported via the SDK.
UUX for SUEM
More details and information about UUX for SUEM can be found here: https://marketplace.matrix42.com/uni...t/uux-for-uem/
- In the log and status windows it is now possible to filter, sort and search the displayed entries.
- Starting with version v20.0.3, the Empirum Web Console is delivered with the current Tomcat 9.0.38 (x64) and OpenJDK 15.0.0. By using OpenJDK, no paid Java licenses are required.
Matrix42 Empirum SDK
- The Matrix42 Empirum SDK now includes the corresponding UUX configuration package by default. With this configuration package it is easy to update the Digital Workplace Platform (DWP) with the SDK files.
- The InventoryID of an Empirum software package can now be imported via the SDK, if available.
- The GUID for EPE/PE images is now available as parameter in the SDK.
- Operating systems and language packages can be imported via the SDK with the command "Import-EmpirumPackage" (Empirum 20.0 Update 3 is required).
Further details and information about the Matrix42 SDK can be found here: https://marketplace.matrix42.com/de/details/empirum-software-development-kit-sdk/
Notification of extended maintenance period (LTSB)
Empirum version 19.0.3 is declared as LTSB version. Customers who are entitled to Matrix42 Premium Support thus receive an extended maintenance period beyond the release of version 21.0.0 at the end of March 2021.
Changed or no longer supported Features and Platforms
- Support for version file as check in the SWDepot tab "Version"
- LDAP Browser in the EMC
- Citrix XenApp Publishing Support
- VDI Images as assignable objects
- Silverback Integration
- Agent Distribution tab in the EMC under Configuration/Software Management
- DBUtil Remote Server Support
- macOS 10.10 (Yosemite)
- macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Empirum-Location Sync in Empirum DBUtil
Announcements for Version V21.0 / planned Changes
- Using hash files for validating packages on clients will be activated by default and will no longer be configurable as part of the agent template.
Discontinuations for Version v21.0