UEM Console 2005 TP
- Requires Software Asset Management version 10.0 or newer
- All Empirum versions in support. Empirum 20.0.0 or later for Service Bus Integration
- All Silverback versions in support. Silverback 20.0.1* or later for Service Bus Integration
Empirum Service Bus Backend 3.4
- Empirum Package to activate the Matrix42 Service Bus
- Delivers the last agent action and status to the UEM console in near real time
- Requires Empirum 20.0.0 or newer
- Requires an Azure Service Bus configuration or the Matrix42 Service Bus RabbitMQ installation
Matrix42 Service Bus RabbitMQ 3.4
- Installation package for installation and configuration of the RabbitMQ Service Bus
- Can be used without cloud or Internet connection
New Features and changes
Service Bus Integration
The updated Service Bus interface allows the immediate updating of Empirum and Silverback* information. After installing version 3.x of the UEM backend service on the Empirum server, all computers, software packages and the installation status are initially transferred.
Currently, the following information is transferred:
- Empirum Computer (Enhanced Basic Information)
- Empirum Software Packages
- UEM Agent Status Information
- Software Installation Status Updates
- Silverback devices (basic information)*
- Silverback Tags (basic information)*
Date/time information is transmitted with the respective time zone. Computer log information is transmitted with the correct computer time zone when using UEM Agent 1912.0 or later. For older Agent versions the time zone CET is assumed.
The installation of the Empirum Service will be done with Empirum 20.0 Update 1 via DBUtil.
The Service Bus Empirum Component can use Proxy Server from Empirum 20.0 Update 1 on (configuration in DBUtil).
Assignable UEM objects
- New UEM Assignment Objects replace the previously used Service Management Software Services (Empirum Software Packages and Silverback Tags which were created using the Empirum Connector or Silverback Data Provider).
- Existing software services, which were created with the Empirum Connector, will be migrated after installation and hourly by a background process. Services with the status Blocked are excluded.
- Empirum software packages are created and updated via the service bus. In addition to the basic information, further details are available. A link to the software services created via the Empirum Connector is created hourly.
Software Installation Status
The status of Empirum software package installations is initially transmitted over the service bus during the installation of the UEM backend service on the Empirum server and during software installations.
Only the latest status information about the combination of a computer and software package is kept available.
The installation status is only transmitted for packages assigned in Empirum and is determined based on the software log information. The following statuses are possible:
- Not Installed
- Installation in Progress
Reboot Pending, Requirement and similar messages of the UEM agent as well as the info text of the log information are transmitted additionally.
The installation status can be viewed as a list in the End Devices navigation area. This makes it easier to monitor rollouts and provides an overview of installations and any errors that may occur.
For Empirum packages, the installation status can be viewed in the Assignable Objects/Software Package/Devices area.
The rollout progress is determined exclusively by the installation status. The previous determination based on the Inventoried Software and the name of the Software Service is no longer necessary. Therefore, the use of the Service Bus is mandatory to obtain status information.
The progress is determined when an assignment is changed for this assignment and cyclically every 30 minutes for all installations.
Windows 10 Security Dashboard
Below the Home navigation area, various charts showing the current status of Windows 10 security information are displayed. The information is based on the Windows 10 Security Center and is determined and transmitted via Silverback.
Below the dashboard there is a list view with details for simplified search and further processing.
A tab with detailed information is displayed in the computer properties for computers with the appropriate information.
The following information is displayed:
- Antivirus software and signature
- Antispyware software and signature
- Protected system start (Secure Boot)
Co-Management Status Dashboard (Device Management Type)
The UEM Management Type is determined as a new property for computers based on the ID of the management systems.
- Only Empirum ID set = Classic
- Only Silverback/MDM ID set = Modern
- Both types set = Co-Managed
- No ID set = Unknown
Below the Home navigation area, the current distribution of the management type is displayed in three charts. Total, macOS and Windows. Only Windows 10 computers are considered. Using the displayed quick links you can navigate directly to a list of the corresponding computers.
List of endpoint devices:
- The list contains a column with the number of errors noted in the status. If the value >= 0, it is highlighted in red.
- The rollout progress is highlighted in green if it is 100%.
- The new management type is available as a column.
- The list display contains the number of installations.
- For Empirum packages, the detail view contains details of the Empirum package.
*Silverback 20.0.1 will be released end of June 2020. A Technical Preview is available in the Marketplace.