UEM Console 1912 (File Version 2.0.x) with new Service Bus Architecture
The UEM Console 1909 (File Verison 1.x) will still be available for customers with an older Solution Builder version but will not be developed further. With release 1912 the new UEM Console 2.0 is available.
The UEM Console 2.0 requires the UEM mode of the Software Asset Management 9.1.3. This brings together computers and mobile devices to form a unified object type in the Solution Builder platform. In addition, a new communication architecture based on a service bus is introduced. This allows a more efficient and faster communication between the UEM Console, Empirum and Silverback. The goal is that the entire communication between the UEM product parts will take place over it in order to also enable hybrid installations, (e.g. Empirum local, Silverback and Solution Builder in the Cloud).
Azure Service Bus for Cloud or RabbitMQ for on premise installations are currently supported as Service Bus. Read the documentation for the respective installation or configuration in the corresponding download.
On Empirum a package with variables is imported and executed on the master server. This establishes the connection to the service bus. In the UEM Console there is a corresponding configuration area under Settings. Silverback will be connected soon.
The installation and the update are not different in the execution and are therefore not listed separately.
- To install the UEM Console Version 1 (1909), the target system requires the installation and configuration of Service Store/Solution Builder Version 9.1.1 of Matrix42.
The UEM Console 1912 (File Version 2 or newer) requires Service Store/Solution Builder Version 9.1.3 or newer with UEM Mode switched on in the Asset Management settings.
- In order to get updates from Empirum and Silverback the Service Bus needs to be configured in the Settings of the UEM Console and activated on the source systems. The Service Bus requires Empirum 19.0.3 version or newer.
- For the system requirements for installing the console, please refer to the system requirements of Service Management.
Installation and Update
- Download the current Customizing Installer package from the Matrix42 Marketplace.
- Extract the ZIP-File to the Matrix42 Solution Builder Server.
- Start the Customizinginstaller.exe with the appropriate rights for updating the Matrix42 Solution Builder.
- Follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
- Update the browser cache.
Uninstallation of the UEM Console is currently not supported - The App can be hidden by removing the users from the role "Unified Endpoint Management"
By deactivating the UEM Modules all active parts of the UEM Console are deactivated.
- Go to Administration -> Services & Processes -> Engine Activations.
- Search for "UEM".
- Disable all Engine Activations.
Here you can find additional information about the Empirum API.