In a hierarchical structure, locations represent your company's branches across regions, countries, cities, etc. The Global location is generated during the installation, is the uppermost element in the location hierarchy, and must not be deleted. Please note that configuration items that are not explicitly assigned to another location belong to the Global location.
Locations are managed in Master Data application → Organizational Structure → Locations page:
- Name: name of the location;
- Abbreviation: abbreviation that is used in your company for the location;
- Description: additional information about the location;
- Type: type of the location;
- Status: the Inactive status is used, for example, for former locations that will no longer be used;
- Valid From/Valid Until: if the location will be used for a limited time only, enter the validity period here. Otherwise, leave the fields blank.
- Country: standard culture that is assigned to this location;
- Default Language: default user interface language of the Matrix42 Self Service Portal that is valid for users belonging to this location. Please note that the default language is taken from the location only if the user did not select the default language in their profile. For example, an English-speaking user relocated to the office in Germany, with German as the default language of the location, but wants to use English as the default UI language. So this user selected English as the default language in user profile, and English will be the default UI language for the user in the Matrix42 Self Service Portal. But if the user prefers German and makes no changes to the language settings in the profile, then German will be the default language for the user. You can select a default language when you create a new location. To change the default language for locations that already exist, click Change Default Language in the action panel;
- Time Zone: time zone that is valid for this location.
- Organizational Unit and Location: if you create a new location, you can link it to the respective organizational unit and location.
- Principal Contact: the person who is responsible for the location.
- Delegate: representative of the principal contact.
Specify the hierarchy for the created location.
Contact information of the location.
Comments and notes of a general nature. You can edit these entries later.
The following actions are available for the Locations:
- Change Default Language: change the default user interface language of the Matrix42 Self Service Portal for this location and its child locations, if applicable;
- Change Ownership: change the organizational and commercial assignment of this location by using a wizard;
- Import Locations: import the list of locations from MS Excel by using the predefined import sequence and template;
- License Inventory: generate the License Inventory report;
- Software Compliance: generate the Software Compliance report;
- Generic actions: Edit, Add, Delete, History, Export.