An acquisition of goods or services is preceded by planning. In the system you can plan acquisitions by running the Request Requisition action. This way you can create a draft contract item for the procurement of the selected software product. Being part of a contract, contract items are planned and then executed during the contract's lifecycle.
Requesting requisition for a software product
- In the Licenses application, go to the Software Products or License Inventory navigation item. Running the action for a license will also create a requisition for the software product of this license.
- Use search to filter entries.
- Select one software product or license and click the Request Requisition action. A wizard will be launched.
Step 1. Requisition Information
The first page of the wizard displays the selected software product. You can also provide the following data:
- Effective Date. This value will be used as the effective date of the contract item. You can later adjust this value on the step 3.
- Requisition Template and/or Material. Select the template that will be used by the system to create a requisition entry for the article. If the article to be purchased has been assigned only one requisition template, it is selected automatically. The material value will be entered in the corresponding field based on the selected requisition template. If you don’t use requisition templates, you can specify the material directly.
Click General Information to proceed to the next step.
Step 2. General Information
On the second page, you need to provide the information required for creating a contract item.
- The following fields can be filled in by default:
- Organizational Unit, Location, and Cost Center. Default values are drawn from the requisition template.
- Title. It is the same as order text from the selected requisition template.
- Business Partner. The default value is the supplier of the selected material.
- You always need to set values for Type of Item and Item Number manually.
- When you select Contract to which the new contract item will belong, the system offers you to update many fields on this page with values from the selected contract. If you click Yes, the following fields will be updated:
- Organizational Unit, Location, and Cost Center
- Internal Contact
- External Reference, Business Partner, and External Contact
Effective Date is also updated from the contract if you choose to apply values.
Click Period to proceed to the next step.
Step 3. Period
The view of the page differs based on the type of the contract item which has been specified in step 2.
Contract Item of Purchase
Provide the effective date and warranty period which is expected for your purchase.
Other Types (General, Maintenance, Service, and Leasing)
The data pertaining to three different periods should be filled in on this page:
- validity of your contract item represented by Effective Date and Expiration Date/Contract does not expire;
- expiration renewal rules set in by Renews upon expiration, Renewal Period, Time Unit, and Extend cost plan automatically;
- cancelation conditions that you can manage by filling in the Cancelation Period, Time Unit, By, and Not Before fields.
For more detailed information on setting the period of contract items, please refer to How to Manage Contract Items.
Click Payment to proceed to the final step.
Step 4. Payment
This page is identical to the Billing tab of the contract item dialog once it has been created.
The default values in the Price per Unit, Quantity Unit, Tax Rate, and Price Fixed Until fields are drawn from the selected material. The default value of Quantity is drawn from the requisition template. Values can be edited manually.
If you need help with filling in this page, please refer to Managing Billing Data for Contract Items.
Once you are done, click Request Requisition to create a contract item for procuring the selected software product.