By using Matrix42 Service Desk, you can send emails directly from one of the following configuration items:
- Start Matrix42 Workspace Management and click the Service Desk workspace.
- In the navigation area, click the search page containing the respective configuration item.
- If the required configuration item is not in the selection list, use Search to locate it.
- In the selection list, click the configuration item. A properties dialog opens.
- In the action pane, click Send E-mail. An input window containing the following fields opens:
- From: Displays the sender's address that was defined in Global System Settings. You can change it by selecting a corresponding email template.
- Template: Select an email template to use the predefined subject and message text that it contains. You can edit the content.
- To…, CC…, BCC: The customer who reported the ticket is automatically entered as recipient in the To… field. Add further recipients by clicking the arrow icon for selecting the kind of recipient (All Users, Ticket Related Users, Roles, Business Contacts, Business Partners, or E-mail Addresses). Choose a recipient by typing (system runs a type-ahead function and offers you the hits in a selection list) or click the selection button. To enter more than one email address, use a semicolon (;) to separate them.
- Subject: Subject line of the email.
- Attachments: Select one or several attachments from the ticket that should be sent with this email. Within this dialog you can add further attachments to the respective ticket and select them for sending.
- Message: Message text of the email.
- Signature: Select a signature that will appear at the end of the email.
It is possible to select only those signatures for which the Send Mail checkbox is selected and which you are authorized to use. For more information, see Creating Email Signatures.
- Pause ticket after sending e-mail: Select this option to set the ticket status to On Hold (not possible for changes). Use this if you need feedback for further ticket editing.
- Click SEND E-MAIL. The email is sent.
The email information is saved in the journal and will be automatically marked as Visible in Portal if the main recipient of the email is the customer who reported the ticket (change or incident). If the E-Mail Robot is active and the recipient replies to this email, the reply is automatically assigned to the ticket and saved in the journal, too.