By default, all users are eligible to have access to and use:
- Navigation Items,
- Data Query Filters,
- Web Services,
- Web Service Operations.
The SET AUDIENCE action located in the toolbar of the Preview for the above listed objects allows users with appropriate rights to restrict access to these objects; only the selected User Roles, Users, Organizational Units, and/or Locations will be granted access.
Set Audience for Object
To restrict access to one of the above listed objects and specify users that are eligible to use the object:
- Open the corresponding Preview and click the SET AUDIENCE toolbar action.
- In the Set Audience Widget, select the Restricted radio button and add User Roles, Users, Organizational Units, Locations, and/or choose to set Inheritance (i.e. choose an object whose Audience settings will be inherited by the object). Only entities selected under these tabs will have access to and will be able to use the object. Select the Rely on parent objects Audience configuration checkbox (optional) for the system to also check the audience settings of the parent object.
When done, click the SET AUDIENCE button at the bottom of the widget to save the changes and close the widget.
Set Audience for Widget View
To restrict access to a View of a Widget (a Dialog, Dataset View, Preview, Wizard, or Landing Page) and specify users that are eligible to use the View:
- Open the Widget for editing and switch to the VIEWS tab.
- Click the View in the grid to open it in Preview.
- Click the SET AUDIENCE toolbar action.
- Use the Set Audience Widget as explained in the preceding "Set Audience for Object" section (step 2) to specify users who are eligible to use the View.
Learn about CRUD Security Management in Solution Builder.