If you are waiting for a supplier's assistance or information from a customer while you process a ticket, you can pause the ticket until you have the necessary information. Escalation of the tickets can be paused for this time, too.
- Start Matrix42 Workspace Management and click the Service Desk workspace.
- In the navigation area, click Problems.
- If the required configuration item is not in the selection list, use Search to locate it.
- In the selection list, click the ticket that you want to pause. Preview opens.
- In the action pane, click Pause.
- The reminder date is calculated automatically based on the value in the Default span for pausing tickets (days) field of the global system settings. If the ticket status does not change by the set date, a reminder email is automatically sent to the person who is responsible for the ticket. The reason and the description are saved in the journal.
- If you do not want the ticket to escalate while it is paused, select the Do Not Escalate Ticket While Paused option.
- Click PAUSE.