In the Administration application, it is possible to configure an Application by defining common settings for every module.
In general tabulator, the following information can be found:
- Database Server
- Database Name
- Database Account
- Application Title
- Prefix for custom Schema Objects: This prefix is used when a new data definition or configuration item is created as part of customization.
- Logo used in Reports: Click the selection button to specify or edit the location of an image that should be used as a company logo for reports.
- Feedback Enabled: Enable this option to activate the NPS shown in the application header.
Secure Token Service
- Single sign-on enabled
- Browser credentials enabled
- SAML2 enabled: Activated SAML2 in application
- Login button title
- Identity provider ID
- Single sign-on URI Endpoint
- Service provider issuer Name
- Single Sign-out URI Endpoint
- Identity Provider Certificate
- Mailing Enabled: Activate or deactivate email traffic.
- SMTP Server: Name of the email server.
- Default Sender: Sender address for emails. By default, emails are sent from this address. You can use the compliance rules to change the sender.
- Mode: Use this field to specify whether to send emails without saving them, save emails in the database, or write saved emails to a default folder. Emails that are saved in the database are stored in the SPSEmailClassBase data definition. To display them in Matrix42 Workspace Management, you should create a search page for this data definition. A corresponding properties dialog can be created as part of customizing.
- Folder to Store E-mails: Folder in which your emails are stored.
- Use SMTP Authentication: Select this checkbox if you want to log on to the SMTP server with a user account.
- Use Integrated Security (Use Service Account): Select this option if you want to log on to the SMTP server with an internal service account of Matrix42 Workspace Management.
- Use following Credentials: Select this option if you want to log on to the SMTP server with your network account.
- Account: User account with which you log on to the mail server.
- Password: Password with which you log on to the mail server.
- Use SSL: Select this checkbox if you want to use a secure SSL connection to send emails.
- Use Network Credential Container to pass credentials: Select this checkbox if your system environment requires this special way of transferring logon information to the SMTP server.
- Software Asset & Service Management URL: If emails contain links to the console, this URL is used. By default, the fully qualified name of the server is included in the URL. However, if the application can only be called by using the short name, this name should be specified here.
- Software Asset & Service Management URL for UUX: If emails contain links to the UUX, this URL is used. By default, the fully qualified name of the server is included in the URL. However, if the application can only be called by using the short name, this name should be specified here.
- Recipients In Single Mail: Maximum number of email addresses that can be specified as recipients in a single email. For example, if you want to send an email to 100 people and 20 was entered in this field, then five emails are sent, and each of these five emails is sent to 20 recipients.
- Max Threads: Maximum number of emails that the email robot can process simultaneously.
- Skip Threshold: Maximum number of recipients per email. The email will not be sent if this number is exceeded. If the number of recipients is unlimited, enter 0.
- Attempts to Send: Specify the number of unsuccessful transmission attempts. When this number is exceeded, the status of emails is set to Failed.
- Clean Up Mails after (Days): After the number of days (default value is 90) that is specified in this field all emails will be deleted. If this field is empty, the emails are never deleted.
Basic settings for support of Facebook and Twitter on mobile applications
- Default Currency: Currency that is used in Matrix42 Workspace Management.
- Currency Conversion Surcharge (%): Banking surcharge that is used in Matrix42 Workspace Management.
These settings relate to the system services of Matrix42 Workspace Management. They can be changed only after you have consulted Matrix42.
- Lock accounts after failed login attempts: Select this checkbox to make user accounts unavailable after a certain number of unsuccessful logins to the Matrix42 Self Service Portal or the Matrix42 Workspace Management Console.
- Number of failed attempts: Number of unsuccessful login attempts after which the accounts should be locked. This field becomes active after you select the Lock accounts after failed login attempts checkbox.
- Enable automatic accounts unlocking: Select this checkbox if you want the system to automatically unlock the previously locked accounts. This checkbox becomes active after you select the Lock accounts after failed login attempts checkbox.
- Time until automatic unlock: Time period (in minutes) that should pass after an account has been locked and until it will be automatically unlocked. This field becomes active after you select the Enable automatic accounts unlocking checkbox.
- Enable session lifetime (in hours): Select this checkbox if you want your session to last a specific number of hours.
- Session lifetime: Number of hours for session lifetime. This field becomes active after you select the Enable session lifetime (in hours) checkbox.
- Activate captcha: Select this option to display captcha during logins to the Matrix42 Self Service Portal or the Matrix42 Workspace Management Console.
- Allowed to upload images: Types of images that can be uploaded to the Matrix42 Self Service Portal or Matrix42 Workspace Management. Enter the allowed graphic file extensions and separate them with commas. If you want to disable uploading of images, leave this field blank.
- Pages Embeddability: Define whether pages of the Same origin or of Any origin can be embedded one into another.
- Supported Console Languages: Languages into which the Matrix42 Workspace Management user interface is currently localized.
- Default Console Language: Default language of the Matrix42 Workspace Management user interface.
- Supported Catalog Languages: Languages into which the Matrix42 Self Service Portal is currently localized.
- Default Catalog Language: Default language of the Matrix42 Self Service Portal.
- Supported Mail Languages: Languages that can be used in emails that are sent within Matrix42 Workspace Management.
- Default Mail Language: Default language of emails that are sent within Matrix42 Workspace Management.
Matrix42 Accounts Integration settings enable the Matrix42 Accounts Data Provider to import Matrix42 Accounts.
Matrix42 MyWorkspace Single Sign On settings enable logging in to Matrix42 Workspace Management with a Matrix42 Account.
- Enterprise Name: The name of your company as has been specified on your company's user profile page at https://accounts.matrix42.com/ when creating an access token.
- Server: The API server used to access Matrix42 Accounts.
- Access Token: Access token that needs to be generated manually on your company's user profile page at https://accounts.matrix42.com/.
- Enabled: Select the checkbox to enable the ability to log in to Matrix42 Workspace Management with a Matrix42 Account.
- Scope, Client Id, Client Secret: After your application has been registered with Matrix42 Access Control System (ACS) by the ACS service administrator, you will receive the scope, client ID, and client secret values. The scope, client ID, and client secret are used by the application each time a user selects to be logged in by using their Matrix42 Account. If this data is valid and the corresponding account has been previously imported by the Matrix42 Accounts Data Provider, ACS authenticates the user and logs in the user to Matrix42 Workspace Management.