It is most likely that you will need to set up specific combinations of entitlement and scopes while using SLAs within the service level management and ticket processing. For a better understanding of the interaction, read the following examples.
A new SLA covering the Hardware services should be offered to the legal unit Imago Verum Inc.:
In Entitlement, define the Imago Verum Inc organizational unit.
- In Service Scope, define the Hardware service type.
A new SLA covering the email service should be offered to the VIP users Mike and Tim:
- In Entitlement, define the users Mike and Tim.
- In Service Scope, define the E-Mail service.
A new SLA should cover the Database Engine service on the VIRTUAL_SERVER machine:
- In Asset Scope, define the VIRTUAL_SERVER asset .
- In Service Scope, define the Database Engine service .
A new SLA should cover all assets from the Lenovo T61 SKU which are offered in Matrix42 Service Catalog as the Standard Notebook service:
- In Asset Scope, define the Lenovo T61 SKU.
- In Service Scope, define the Standard Notebook service.