Languages: EN, DE
Components: EgoSecure Console, Azure AD
Operating system: Windows
To set up Azure AD for EgoSecure Data Protection SaaS, generate the credentials in the Azure portal and enter them in Console.
Getting credentials for Azure AD
To get Azure AD credentials for EgoSecure, register the application, define permissions, and copy the client secret (application password).
- Register a new application using the Azure portal. For details about registering an application, see Microsoft docs – Register an app (Preview)
⇒ Now you have credentials for the Application ID and Directory ID fields.
- In the Certificates & secrets section, click New client secret and copy it. The client secret becomes not accessible once you leave the page. For details about adding a client secret, see Microsoft docs - Configure app to access web APIs (Preview)
⇒ Now you have credentials for the Application password field
- Add the following permissions for the application:
For details about adding permissions, see Microsoft docs - Configure app to access web APIs (Preview)
Entering credentials for Azure AD in the EgoSecure Console
- In the EgoSecure Console, go to Administration | AzureAD Synchronization | Domain controllers management.
- In the Directory ID field, enter the identification number of the Azure Active Directory.
- In the Application ID field, enter the unique ID of the application registered in the Azure portal.
- In the Application password field, enter the newly generated client secret of the application.
- Save the settings.
⇒ The directory service is now set up. You can now add directory service structure and directory service objects to the Console via a synchronization. For details, see: chapter 2 of the EgoSecure Console - Quick start guide