This is a step-by-step guide on how to publish an existing Release again, after it got removed from the Matrix42 Extension Gallery because the Matrix42 Developer Identity used to sign it got revoked.
Issue a new Developer Identity
Since the old Matrix42 Developer Identity has been revoked and can no longer be used you should issue a new one for future signing of your Extension Releases.
You can read more about how to issue a Developer Identity here.
Recreate the affected Releases
You can find an overview of all affected Extension Releases in the E-Mail you received when the old Matrix42 Developer Identity got revoked.
Based on your Release cycle you will probably want to recover a few of these Releases and make them available in the Matrix42 Extension Gallery again.
We recommend to at least guarantee the latest Release to be available, or in best case the latest Release of each Major Version.
Follow the next steps for each Release you want to republish:
- Navigate to the Extension Releases of the affected Extension inside the Matrix42 DevOps Portal.
- Download the revoked Releases you want to recreate via the (Download) action. (Might be hidden in the action menu.)
- Unzip the contents of the downloaded Releases and open the package.json.
- Increment the version field inside the package.json by its patch level.
A version can consist of up to four parts: Major.Minor.Revision.Patch
If your version doesn't have a patch level you can just append it like this:
1.1 becomes 126.96.36.199
1.0.3 becomes 188.8.131.52
- Zip the edited package.json and the rest of the Release content.
- Sign the Releases using your newly issued Matrix42 Developer Identity as described here.
- Upload the signed Releases to the Extension in the Matrix42 DevOps Portal as described here.
- Wait for the Release validation and publish the Release as described here.
You now have recreated and published the affected Extension Release without interrupting your normal Release cycle.
Customers who have installed the revoked Extension versions will now automatically get the required update on the next installation/update.
Tags recommended by the template: article:topic-guide