This page provides a step-by-step guide on how to configure email sending in Administration application via Google Workspace, involving modern authentication (OAuth 2.0) and Service Connections.
This configuration is available starting from DWP v.11.0.1 or higher.
Email configuration belongs to the basic settings of the DWP, therefore no extra subscriptions (DWP Subscription) or licenses are required.
- Digital Workspace Platform v.11.0.1 or higher
- An active and available mailbox that is the same as the one registered for your Google Workspace
Use this video tutorial as a reference:
- New Service Connection using Google Workspace Service with Google Gmail capabilities;
- Emails settings in DWP Administration area.
Log in to the Administration area of the Digital Workspace Platform, proceed to Integration navigation Item → Service Connections → choose Connections.
- To start configuration, click Add Service Connection action:
- Fill out the required fields:
- In the Service field, select Google Workspace object, which is available by default in the system:
- The name for your Service Connection is auto-generated, but you can modify it if necessary:
- In the Tenant field, proceed with creating a new tenant. Fill out the name:
- In the Service field choose Google Workspace with OAuth Authentication Type:
- For Client ID and Client Secret, login to Microsoft Azure porta go to Google Cloud Platform:
- On the home page of the Google Cloud Platform, create a New Project:
- Provide a project name. Leave the default configuration in the Location settings:
- In the Notifications area, click Select Project:
- In the search bar, find and enable Gmail API:
Enabled Gmail API is shown in the APIs & Services Dashboard as follows:
- In the OAuth consent screen, choose External User Type and click Create:
- Follow the suggested steps and fill out the necessary information:
- OAuth consent screen: enter the App name and User support mail:
- Scroll down to Authorized domains section and add the necessary domains:
Add Developer contact information and click Save and continue.
- Scopes: define the permissions you request users to authorize for your app and allow your project to access specific types of private user data from their Google Account. Choose necessary options from the suggested list or add the scopes manually, for instance:
- Scroll down and click Save and continue. Proceed without changes to the Summary page to save your configuration.
- Go Back to Dashboard → OAuth consent screen → Publishing status → click Publish App → Confirm:
- Go to Credentials → click + Create Credentials → choose OAuth client ID:
- In Application type, choose Web application:
- Enter the name and add Authorized redirect URIs. Modify the Authorized redirect URIs according to the example:
Click Create to save the configuration.
- Use the generated credentials for the Google Workspace Tenant configuration in Service Connections:
Google Cloud Platform: Client ID and Client Secret values for Service Connections Tenant configuration
Digital Workspace Platform: Client ID and Client Secret values for Service Connections Tenant configuration
- To finalize the Service Connection configuration, in the Administration area click Setup Authentication:
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Accept the requested permissions:
- When Service Connection Authentication has been successfully fulfilled, click Done:
To finalize the emailing configuration, in the Administration area, open Settings → Edit Global System Settings.
In the Emails view:
- Enabled: select the checkbox to enable emailing
- Specify SMPT server according to the email server configuration
- Verify the Default Sender
- Enable SMTP Authentication
- Enable Use SSL option
- Select Modern Authentication (OAuth 2.0) property
- Mailbox Email Address: enter an address of an active and available mailbox that is the same as the one registered for your Gmail Workspace Account
- Service Connection: choose a previously created Service Connection
Click Done to finalize the configuration and save changes.
Now your Digital Workspace Platform emailing is working.