The Configuration wizard allows running the automatic system consistency check, redefining the settings applied during Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management installation thus providing advanced access to the global system settings partially available in the Administration application, update the license certificates or uninstall the application.
Save the .exe file on your server and run it. The Matrix42 Setup Wizard will be launched:
Select the configuration wizard language and choose the necessary option to proceed with the configuration.
System Consistency Check
Run the system consistency check to automatically analyze and detect possible issues in the following functionality of Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management system:
- check the database;
- analyze all user interface related ASQL queries for inconsistencies of the data model structure;
- test all connection settings of the enabled connectors;
- initializes compliance rules;
- publish all forms and property dialog pages.
It is recommended to enable the system database backup prior to running the system scan.
Select the necessary checkboxes to run the custom system scan and follow the instructions on the screen:
The system scanning activates the maintenance mode of the application. All data and customizations are not affected and remain intact.
When the consistency check is completed, the system provides the configuration summary if any issues were detected.
Change Configuration section allows redefining a number of settings applied during Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management installation:
Choose the necessary section and proceed accordingly.
Change Service Account
Before you start the Change Service Account configuration, please make sure that the Microsoft console for services is closed.
- Service Account is used to communicate with IIS [application pool] and receive client requests. Enter the new Login and Password if you need to change the current service account. The Service Account is also used for database access unless you need a specific account.
- Specific SQL Server Account can be additionally configured in this section. Set Login and Password.
The specified option and database connection properties are stored in the system configuration file (sps.config) and can be downloaded from the Administration application homepage → Quick Starts section → Download Server Logs action.
Please note that the password of the SQL Server Authentication option is encrypted. If you need to apply these connection strings on other machines or testing environments to have the same setup, the encrypted values in the connection string can be replaced with plain text manually and used only in the testing environment.
Configure Analysis & Reporting Services
Refer to this section to update the following settings:
- Analysis Services Server name;
- Change Analysis Services DB. Data from the previously used analysis database will be no longer available after the settings are applied;
- Re-define Warehouse Database Server;
- Change Warehouse DB name. Data from the previously used warehouse database will be no longer available after the settings are applied;
- Change Reporting Services URL;
- Enable and run Redeploy Reports option.
History database settings
Available settings include:
- History management:
- History Enabled option defines whether the system keeps track of the data changes and stores them to the specified History Database. This is a global system setting that is enabled by default during the system installation and can be changed on this page of the Configuration wizard.
- History Database field shows the name of the currently used history database. By default, the M42Archive history database name is suggested during the system installation.
- Set Recycle History frequency in months to automatically clean up all data from the currently used history database once in a specified period of time. The more is the number of set months the more data storage the system requires, which may also lead to performance issues.
- Create new History Database: select the check-box to clean up data from the currently used history database. The name of the database cannot be modified and all data stored in the history database will be lost.
- Configure Transactions Isolation Level Snapshot option.
Configure Databases page example:
Creating new History database
To create a new History database without losing the data from the currently used DB:
- Detach the currently used history database: disable the History Enabled check-box option in the Configure Databases section of the Configuration wizard and click Apply. The wizard disables history tracking and detaches the history database:
The history data will no longer be available in the user interface from the History wizard and can be browsed directly with the SQL Server Management Studio installed on the application server;
- Run Configuration wizard → Change Configuration section → Configure Databases:
- Select the History Enabled check-box;
- Provide a new name for the history database, for instance, M42ArchiveRecordsStorage;
- Set Recycle History frequency in months to automatically clean up all data from the currently used history database once in a specified period of time;
- Click Apply to run the new history database configuration.
The settings for re-enabled history tracking and custom history database name may look as follows:
Change Database Server
Specify the new server name:
Configure Service Layer
This section allows redefining Workflow Databases:
Click Apply to proceed to the next page and adjust the AppFabric configuration if it is still available in the system:
For more information about the AppFabric technology discontinuing see Release Notes for Enterprise Service Management and Digital Workspace Platform 10.1 Update 1 page.
Starting from DWP v.10.1.1 the new installations will have the following configurable options on this step of the wizard:
Manage License Certificates
License certificates determine a set of available applications and application modules access levels in the installed Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management solution.
In this area of the Configuration wizard you can preview currently activated license certificates and activate new ones. License keys can be activated online or uploaded manually from the local storage:
The uninstall section runs Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management uninstallation:
For more information about uninstalling the applications see Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management uninstallation guide.