All Import Definitions, including Quick Import Definitions, are available only for Administrators in Administration application → Integration → Import Definitions navigation item.
At the same time, Quick Import Definitions can be enabled for other employees using another application via Action configuration.
To add a Quick Import Definition to an Application as an Action consider the particularities that are described below.
Before creating an Action, add new or edit existing Quick Import Definition, if necessary.
- Add Action via Administration application → User Interface → Actions.
- Configure the Action that Runs Import Data Wizard, specify the Application, UI Zones and other settings.
- Configure the Internal Name of the Action. The Internal Name for the Action that runs the Quick Import Definition consists of the following elements:
- GDIESimpleImport_ indicates that the action will run a Quick Import Definition;
- CIInternalName stands for the internal name of the Configuration Item that is set in the Import Definition as the type of object that you want to import:
For the configuration example, refer to the default provided Import Currency Exchange Rate Action settings.
As a result, a properly configured Action that runs Quick Import Definition may look as follows: