The E-mails page shows a list of e-mails sent from the Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management system.
The default version of the Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management provides the following options for sending e-mails:
- Send E-mail action: allows sending e-mails manually. By default, the Send E-mail action is available for a number of predefined Configuration Items and applications;
- Compliance Rules: a set of predefined rules and conditions for sending e-mail notifications automatically. Compliance Rules are configured in the Administration application. For more information about the automatically triggered e-mails see also Service Desk Notifications page and Service Catalog E-mail Notifications.
- Background tasks.
The page displays only those e-mails that are currently available in the system database.
E-mailing is configured in the Administration application → Global Settings → E-mails → Mode:
- Default mode: Send E-mail option sends e-mails directly to the recipients, therefore, successfully sent e-mails are not stored in the database and consequently are not displayed on the E-mails page. At the same time, Failed or Not Sent e-mails are temporarily stored in the system database (SPSEmailClassBase Data Definition) and are available on the E-mails page.
- Showing all e-mails: set the "Send E-mail and store it in the Database" option to store and display e-mails with all available statuses (Success, Not Sent and Failed).
To view all messages from the database, navigate to Administration application→ Services & Processes → E-mails menu → E-mails:
The table layout provides the following information:
- Subject: text that is specified for the subject line of the e-mail;
- Status: current status of the e-mail (Success, Not Sent or Failed);
- Send Date: date when the e-mail was sent for the first time. The date is only displayed when the status of the e-mail is Success;
- Created: date when the e-mail was created.
The page shows all available e-mails, including e-mails sent in different languages.
In the preview, you can find e-mail details:
Preview details include:
- Status: e-mail sending status;
- Subject: text that is specified for the subject line.
- Sender and Recipients;
- Mail body: the complete text of the e-mail.
- Error Message: optional information that is only displayed if an error occurred when an e-mail was sent.
- Sending Attempts: is only displayed when the status of the email is Not Sent.
- Resend: re-sends the currently open email.
To Resend an E-mail:
- Choose one or more e-mails in the selection list.
- In the action panel, click Resend, and then click OK.
E-mails in state Not sent will be automatically resent by the corresponding engine activation.
- Delete: completely deletes email from the database.
- History: generic action. See History wizard page.
- Export: generic action.
E-mail status filters
Filters by the e-mail state are present in the navigation area:
- Success: successfully sent e-mails;
- Not Sent: e-mail was successfully generated but not sent. Click on the e-mail item for details and error reasons.
- Failed: the not sent e-mails are automatically resent by the engine activation. The e-mail is shown in this section if the new e-mail sending attempt failed. The number of the failed e-mails resending attempts is set in the Attempts to Send field of the Global System Settings.