You can automate subscription management for Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud by importing subscriptions (licenses) and subscribers (authorized users) into Matrix42 Software Asset & Service Management. The MyWorkspace SaaS data provider integrates with the Microsoft Office 365 Portal and Adobe Creative Cloud.
The data provider connects with the SaaS Compliance Cloud Interface powered by MyWorkspace.
See this article if you want to configure this interface for connection to your Microsoft Office 365 Portal.
Due to the limitations of API availability with different Adobe license agreements, this data provider supports "Value Incentive Plan" (VIP) and "Enterprise Term License Agreement" (ETLA) only. Thus there is no support if your Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions fall under "Cumulative License Program" (CLP) or "Transactional License Program" (TLP).
The MyWorkspace SaaS data provider is delivered as an add-on to Matrix42 Enterprise Service Management and can be downloaded from the Extension Gallery.
Get your SaaS ID
The Office 365 Tenant ID is the directory ID of the Azure Active Directory. You can find it by following the steps provided in the online documentation provided by Microsoft: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Find-your-Office-365-tenant-ID-6891b561-a52d-4ade-9f39-b492285e2c9b (external link).
The Adobe ID is your Enterprise ID in the Adobe Admin Console. To learn more about it, refer to the Adobe help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/enterprise-id-faq.html (external link).
Alternatively, you can also find your SaaS ID in your MyWorkspace instance. Open MyWorkspace and navigate to Administration > Connectors and click Azure Active Directory (for Microsoft Office 365) or Adobe Creative Cloud. You will find the ID as part of the URL:
Configuring and Activating the SaaS data provider
To configure the data provider:
- Open the Administration application and go to Integration > Data Providers.
- Double-click the MyWorkspace SaaS data provider to open it. The page contains the configurations list where configurations for this provider can be managed.
- Create a new configuration. A new dialog will open.
- On the General page, select Enable import and proceed to the Settings page.
- On the Settings page, do the following:
- Select the organizational unit.
- Leave the Change connection settings checkbox selected while you are editing data on the page. When you are done, you can clear it for safety reasons.
- Enter your Office 365 Tenant ID or Adobe Enterprise ID in the MyWorkspace SaaS ID for Data Import field.
- Click Get Tenant Identifier & Client Secret. After you log in, the MyWorkspace Tenant-ID and Secret Key for MyWorkspace Access fields will be filled in.
- Save you changes for the configuration and the data provider.
- Run the Enable action for the data provider.
To activate the import, click the Activate action for the MyWorkspace SaaS data provider.
It is possible to configure multiple tenants for both subscription services using separate data provider configurations.
Tracking the Import Progress
To view the current status of imports:
- Open the configuration of the MyWorkspace SaaS data provider for editing.
- Go to the Job History page. It displays all instances of importing data for the selected configuration.
After you have activated the data provider, you can manage subscriptions and subscribers in the Licenses application.