This data provider enables the integration with the Azure Hybrid Benefit solution.
Please note that the data provider does support one Microsoft subscription only. It is not supported to connect to multiple subscriptions.
We are currently working on a new version that overcomes this limitation.
The Azure Assets data provider is delivered as an add-on to Matrix42 Enterprise Service Management and can be downloaded from Marketplace.
To install the data provider:
- Log in as Administrator to Matrix42 Enterprise Service Management server.
- Download and unpack the zip archive.
- Run CustomizingInstaller.
- Make sure that installation path was defined correctly.
- When a credentials window opens, enter your credentials with administrator rights.
After the installation, all logged in users should log out and log in again to continue working with Matrix42 Enterprise Service Management.
Getting your Connector ID
To configure the data provider, you need to know your Connector ID. You can find it in your MyWorkspace instance. Open MyWorkspace and navigate to Administration > Connectors and click Azure Active Directory. The ID is a part of the URL (see screenshot below).
Configuring and activating the Azure Assets data provider
To configure the data provider:
- Open the Administration application and go to Integration > Data Providers.
- Double-click the Azure Assets data provider to open it. The page contains the configurations list where configurations for this provider can be managed.
- Create a new configuration. A new dialog will open.
- On the General page, select Enabled and proceed to the Settings page.
- On the Settings page, do the following:
- Enter the connector ID.
- Click Get Tenant Identifier & Client Secret. After you log in, the Matrix42 Tenant ID and Client Secret fields will be filled in.
- Save you changes for the configuration and the data provider.
- Run the Enable action for the data provider.
To activate the import, click the Activate action for the Azure Assets data provider.
In case you cannot activate the data provider please make sure the corresponding WF is successfully published.
Tracking the import progress
To view the current status of the import:
- Double-click the configuration of the Azure Assets data provider to open its preview.
- The preview displays all workflow instances and import logs for the selected configuration.