You can add material groups manually and import them in bulk in the Contracts application under Procurement > Material Groups.
running the import action
Execute the Import Material Groups action under the Procurement > Material Groups navigation item:
- The Quick Import wizard will open.
- On the first page keep the Use existing import definition checkbox selected.
- Then click the Download Template File link.
- Open the file and fill in the data to be imported into the system.
- Upload this file.
- Follow through with the other steps of the wizard.
- After you click the Import button, the system will process the data. Upon completion you will see the import result message and a link to an import log file.
The Quick Import concept indicates that records can be imported from the corresponding navigation item by running the Import action. To be able to import records for any configuration item, an import definition for this configuration item must exist. An import definition sets the rules for importing data.
Common rules to consider when editing the import template file:
- Culture context of the data: when entering the text, consider the language specified in the quick import settings. It is important especially if the Excel file is uploaded as it may contain country-specific data such as dates, number formats, or currencies.
- Ambiguous values for matching attributes: if no or more than one matching values are found during processing of data, the value that is specified in the data source file is not saved to the system database.
Explanation of the import template
All imported data can be modified manually in the user interface.
|Field Name||Explanation||Maximum Character Length|
|Key||Required: alphanumeric string for logical identification of a material group. This information is a key field, which means that it is used by the import process to determine whether to create a data set or whether to update the existing, matching data set.||50|
|Name||Required: alphanumeric string that is used for the name of a material group.||200|
Example of importing material groups
The given example is a filled-out template to be imported:
The successfully completed import results in the following records in the Material Groups navigation item: