You can add ledger accounts manually and import them in bulk in the Contracts application under Financial Accounting > Ledger Accounts.
Running the Import action
Execute the Import Ledger Accounts action under the Financial Accounting > Ledger Accounts navigation item:
- The Quick Import wizard will open.
- On the first page keep the Use existing import definition checkbox selected.
- Then click the Download Template File link.
- Open the file and fill in the data to be imported into the system.
- Upload this file.
- Follow through with the other steps of the wizard.
- After you click the Import button, the system will process the data. Upon completion you will see the import result message and a link to an import log file.
The Quick Import concept indicates that records can be imported from the corresponding navigation item by running the Import action. To be able to import records for any configuration item, an import definition for this configuration item must exist. An import definition sets the rules for importing data.
Common rules to consider when editing the import template file:
- Culture context of the data: when entering the text, consider the language specified in the quick import settings. It is important especially if the Excel file is uploaded as it may contain country-specific data such as dates, number formats, or currencies.
- Ambiguous values for matching attributes: if no or more than one matching values are found during processing of data, the value that is specified in the data source file is not saved to the system database.
Explanation of the import template
All imported data can be modified manually in the user interface.
|Field Name||Explanation||Maximum Character Length|
|Required: alphanumeric string for logical identification of a ledger account. This information is a key field, which means that it is used by the import process to determine whether to create a record or whether to update the existing matching record.||50|
|Name||Required: alphanumeric string.||200|
|Cost Category||Key of the respective cost category. The link to the cost category is created automatically during the import. If no or more than one matching cost categories are found, the value that is specified here is not saved.|
Example of importing ledger accounts
The given example is a filled-out template to be imported:
The successfully completed import results in the following records in the Ledger Accounts navigation item: