The Endpoint Devices navigation item contains computers (e.g., desktop computers or laptops) and mobile devices (e.g., cell phones, smartphones or tablets). The system offers the predefined structure for both computers and mobile devices.
- Devices per type: All devices created in Matrix42 Enterprise Service Management are displayed.
- Personal Computers: End devices that are defined as personal computers based on their stock keeping unit.
- Servers: Physical machines that are defined as servers based on their stock keeping unit.
- Virtual Machines: Computers that are defined as virtual machines based on their stock keeping unit or those that have a host specified in the Host field.
- Mobiles: Devices that are defined as mobiles based on their stock keeping unit or those that are listed under the Mobile Device Management management type.
You can create devices manually by using the Add Computer action as well as the Import Computers action. However, usually endpoint devices are imported using various data providers, such as Inventory of VMware vCenter, MWM Silverback, SCCM Inventory, and others.
Some data providers require the corresponding license certificate.
To learn more about data providers, please refer to Built-in data providers.
For additional data on endpoint devices, see the following articles: