Adding/Editing an Assignment
You can create a new assignment, by clicking on "Add Assignment" in the Assignments general view.
To edit an assignment, just click on "Edit" in the selected assignments Preview Pane.
In both cases you will get to the same edit dialog.
Status is used to set whether the assignment group is activated in the Empirum management system or not.
- Setting the status to "Active" will result in the activation of all devices of this specific Assignment Group only.
- Setting the status to "Inactive" will result in the deactivation of all devices of this specific Assignment Group only.
The "Stopped" status is set by the system when the error threshold is exceeded as part of a rollout plan and must be manually changed to "Active" or "Inactive".
The Distribution Commands correspond to the distribution commands of the Empirum Management Console (EMC).
Install / Update
One or more software assigned to the group will be installed and already installed software will be updated.
One or more software assigned to the group will be installed.
One or more software assigned to the group will be updated.
One or more software assigned to the group will be uninstalled.
The options for adjusting the end user experience for software deployments include the following UEM Agent features:
- Hide packages from installation request dialog (the Empirum distribution command Hide) - The packages are not shown in the installation request dialog and will be installed before all other packages. The user cannot postpone or deny the installation.
- User can postpone (the Empirum distribution option postpone) - The packages can be postponed by the user until either the end date or the number of postponed days is reached (closest time counts). If no number or date is provided the user can postpone infinitely. If another package except of hidden packages will be installed also all packages with open postponements are installed to reduce the number of interruptions for the end user.
- Packages are optional (the Empirum distribution command Optional Install) - the user has the option to install the package but it will not be installed automatically with other installations. It is possible to provide a end date when this packages are not optional anymore.
Rollout Start allows you to set a time for activation. If the status of the assignment is Active you can specify a scheduled rollout (distribution commands). To do this, select Immediately or Planned from the drop-down menu of the section Rollout Start on the right hand side. If you select Planned you can set a date and time in the future.
A rollout of the assigned software packages will not start before the set date and time has arrived and it has no end-date. This is part of the Empirum distribution commands (scheduler).
Rollout End allows you to set a time for the rollout end. You can either choose between None or Planned (specific end date).
Use Rollout Plan is used to set the properties of a rollout plan.
- Percentage activated of open installations: Sets the percentage of devices in current assignment group that should get activated at a defined schedule. Default value is 10%.
- Time between activation recalculation: Sets the time period between activation recalculation in days/hours. The default value is 1 day.
- Activate all devices when threshold is reached: Sets the threshold percentage of devices that have successfully installed all packages. When the threshold is reached, all remaining devices will be activated at the next recalculation. The default value is 50%.
- Stop rollout on error threshold: Sets the threshold percentage of devices that have errors during package installation. When this threshold is reached at the next recalculation the assignment group state is set to "Inactive" and the rollout is stopped. The default value 5%.
Use principle users for device selection
Allows to use the assigned principal user for selecting the target devices.
- Shows only users which have assigned devices.
- When selecting users their associated devices will automatically added to the list of devices in the Devices page of the wizard.
Click Add to open a window that displays all devices in the Empirum management system. From this list you can now select all devices to be added to this assignment. Note that in this list only devices that are NOT already part of the assignment are listed. Then click either on SAVE or DONE to apply changes.
To remove one or more devices from the assignment, select the devices you want to remove and click on REMOVE. Then click on SAVE or DONE to apply the changes or CANCEL to discard them.
Here you can see all of the objects that have already been added to the selected assignment.
To add one or more objects, click on Add to open a window that displays all objects. Note that in this list only software packages that are NOT already part of the assignment are listed.
Object types which can be assigned multiple:
- Software (Empirum Package)
- Tag (Silverback)
- Patch Management Group (Empirum Patch Management Patch and Service Pack Groups)
- OS Language Pack (Empirum imported Language Packs)
Objects which can only be assigned once per assignment:
- Agent Configuration (Empirum agent Template)
- OS Installation Sources (Empirum Imported Operating Systems)
- Boot Image (Empirum WinPE or EPE PreBoot Images)
To remove one or more objects from the assignment, select the objects you want to remove and click on Remove. Then click on SAVE or DONE to apply changes or CANCEL to discard them.
Objects with the Status "Blocked" or "Retired" will not be shown in this list.
If an assignment group with the same name already exists, an error message will appear at the button of the window and the assignment can't be saved.
The summary page shows the defined settings, assigned devices and objects.
A validation informs if an object type, which can only be assigned once per assignment, was added more than once.