Assignments can only be used, if an Empirum API connection is configured and available. Silverback is configured in the Data Provider settings.
Further information about the distribution options for servers and desktop devices can be found here.
Assignments describe the target state for the devices contained in it based on the assigned objects. An assignment can contain different device types (e.g. Windows computers, mobile devices with iOS and Anbroid) and object types (e.g. Silverback tag, Empirum package). It is ensured that the appropriate combination of device and object (management type) is used for distribution/configuration.
In this list, one or more corresponding assignments can be configured for the selected device. Also in this list you could see general information for each assignment like:
- Name - name of Assignment
- Description - description of Assignment
- Status - current status of Assignment (Active/Inactive/Stopped)
- Rollout Progress - shows percentage of devices which have installed all assigned objects (software) from current Assignment group
- Installation Errors - shows number of devices with errors during installation of assigned objects (software) within current Assignment group
- Rollout Start - time for Assignment group activation
- Rollout End - time for the rollout end
- Devices - number of assigned devices
- Objects - number of assigned objects
By clicking on the icons entries can be filtered by rollout progress state
- Red: Error.
- Green: Fully complete (All assigned objects are installed on all devices in Assignment group).
- Yellow: Partially complete (Assigned objects are partly installed on assigned devices in Assignment group).
- All grey: Not started (No assigned object is installed on any device in Assignment group).
If an new assignment is to be recreated, click on Add Assignment.Once you click on an existing assignment group, an information window opens on the right with all general data, assigned devices and objects. By clicking on Edit or double-clicking on the corresponding assignment group, they can be edited as in a new creation. In the left column of the editing window, the three different configuration options are now displayed:
Assignments Preview Pane
By selecting an assignment, a Preview Pane will open up to show general information to an assignment like it's name, description, status, but also list-views of already added devices and objects (software).
This view is separated in different tabs:
In this tab you can see all general information like name, status, description and Rollout Information.
- Fully complete: Shows the progress of object installations that are completed on the all devices.
- Partially complete: Shows the progress of object installations that are not yet completed on all devices.
- Not started: Shows the progress of object installations that have not yet been started on devices.
Rollout Progress Pie Chart
It shows the rollout progress for the current Assignment.
Each assignment could have up to 3 segments:
- Fully complete devices - shows number of devices which have installed all assigned objects (software) from the current assignment.
- Partially complete devices - shows number of devices which have installed one or more assigned objects (software) from the current assignment.
- Not started devices - shows number of devices which have not started installing any assigned objects (software) from the current assignment.
This tab shows the list of devices that are added to the selected assignment.
- Assigned: Shows the number of objects (packages) that are assigned to this device.
- Installed: Shows the number of assigned objects (packages) that are already installed on the device.
- Progress: Shows the progress of assigned objects (packages) that are completely installed.
- Activated: Indicates if a device is activated based on the rollout plan. Only devices with the state "Activated" are synchronized to Empirum or Silverback.
This tab shows the list of objects (software packages) that are added to the selected assignment.
- Installed: Shows the number of devices which have already installed the object.
- Progress: Shows the progress (percentage) of devices which have already installed the object.