By clicking the navigation item Settings a preview of the currently saved settings will be shown on the right side.
In order to edit these settings click Edit.
Empirum API Settings
Here you can configure the access to your Empirum API. The access is required to perform actions like creating assignment groups or managing computers.
Please specify the protocol type of your Empirum API Service installation is configured and running at. You can select either net.tcp, http or https in the drop down menu, depending on your Empirum-API configuration on your Empirum Server.
- IP Address
Please specify the name or the IP address of your Empirum API Service (Empirum Server).
Please specify the port number on which your Empirum API is configured to listen.
The default port for TCP is 9100. You can find these information at your Empirum Server. Start Empirum DBUtil and navigate to Install/Configure Services > Empirum-API.
Please specify an Empirum user to access the Empirum-Database.
Please enter the password of the specified Empirum user. The password will not be shown in the UI and will be saved encrypted.
In order to verify the settings please first save any changes and then use TEST API SETTINGS to verify connection.
- Time Zone (Server)
To cover the time zones e.g. different time zones in the company, you have the option under Time Zone to select the corresponding time zone set on the Empirum server. The default setting is (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time.
- Adjust for daylight saving time automatically
Check the box if you want to change the time to summer/winter time automatically. For the summer time applies: The time change takes place on the last Sunday in March. At 2 o'clock the clock will be set an hour ahead. For the winter time (normal time) applies: The time change takes place on the last Sunday in October. At 3:00, the clock will be turn back by one hour.
Empirum Web Console (EWC)
In this section you can configure a connection to an Empirum Web Console instance which can be set up for your UEM Environment. For further information on how to set up an Empirum Web Console, please read this article.
Here you can specify the protocol being used for the Empirum Web Console. You can either choose "http" or "https". The protocol must match the used protocol of the service management server. If the console uses https the EWC must also use https.
- Path to EWC
Here you can specify the IP Adress with Port to your Empirum Web Console (Example: "184.108.40.206:8443/empirum")
Here you can specify the Instance Location ( Empirum Database Name) that should be used.
Here you can specify the Domain name for logging into Empirum
Here you can specify the Username for logging into Empirum
- Password Style
Can be used as unencrypted or encrypted. A guide for the encryption can be found here (Section: 7 Integration in UserHelpDesk Systems).
The Password used for your target Empirum Instance.
Add your Service Bus Configuration
More details regarding the Matrix42 Enterprise Service Bus and its configuration can be found here. Service Bus.
- Log in to Secure Unified Endpoint Management with Administrator credentials
- Click on the Launcher icon on the top right
- Navigate to Secure Unified Endpoint Management
- Click Settings
- Click Edit
- Navigate to Service Bus Configuration in the left pane
- Choose your Service Bus
- Enable Is Enabled
- Select your Service Bus Type
- Add your Subscription / Queue
- Enter your Topic / Exchange
- Enter your Connection String
- Press Save
- Press Done
|Message Queuing System (Service Bus)||
||Here you can specify your message queuing system (Azure/RabbitMQ)|
|Is Enabled||Enabled or Disabled||Here you can turn on/off service bus.|
|Subscription / Queue||e.g. uem.console||Here you can specify your broker subscription name. Default value for the standard Matrix42 RabbitMQ installation is: uem.console|
|Topic / Exchange||e.g. matrix42.uem.topic||
Here you can enter your client topic name.
Default value for the standard Matrix42 RabbitMQ installation is: matrix42.uem.topic
RabbitMQ: All required information (Username, Password, Port, Server and VHost) can be retrieved from your RabbitMQ installation.
Default value for the standard RabbitMQ installation is:
Device Import Settings
- Set state of device created in source system
- Defines the state when a device is initially created. Options are based on the Asset states. Active is the default value.
- Set state instead of deleting device when it is removed in source system.
- Enabled - the state is set to the defined state when a device is removed from a sub system. For Co-Managed devices the state is only changed when the device is removed from the last management system (Empirum and Silverback). This is the default value.
- Disabled - the device is removed from the system. For Co-Managed devices the device is only deleted when the device is removed from the last management system (Empirum and Silverback).
As all devices in the platform share the same data it is also removed from Asset Management!